Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hardside - Crucified

I was able to pick up some new records from RevHQ with some X-mas money, so I'll actually be able to put a nice run of new posts up in the coming week or so!


Hardside are a change of pace for me when it comes to hardcore bands, and damn it, I can't stop listening to this 7".  I first heard Hardside at last years Sound & Fury.  I didn't make it a point to listen to them (being such a big festival it's impossible to check out every band) but it just so happened I was walking by when they were starting to play, so I decided to give them a listen.  I'm glad I did.  At first I didn't think they were anything special, until their guitar player stepped up to the mic and starting singing, bringing a huge smile to my face.  His vocals sounded like a mix of Crowbar and Life Of Agony.  They were so different from anything that I had been listening to, it was a refreshing change of pace.  I was hooked. 



Now that I think about it, I'm not sure why I didn't pick up this record at Sound and Fury (probably out of money at that point).  I'm sure that they had a more limited pressing at the 6131 table, they probably even had a special S&F pressing. 

Hopefully Hardside will be writing more music in the near future.  Texas has been pumping out some good hardcore lately.  Keep it coming please!  

600 on Yellow (don't know what is yellow about this) 


Anyone know if they have a demo available somewhere? 

2 comments:

  1. yep they have but its not as good as the ep

    http://www.mediafire.com/?zzdl2gvnidv

    ReplyDelete
  2. They had a special cover for S&F which is a rip of LOA - River Runs Red

    ReplyDelete