Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Alkaline Trio - From Here To Infirmary

My "Black Friday" this year was spent checking out the special pressings done specifically for the indie record stores ala record store day at Boo Boo Records in beautiful San Luis Obispo ,CA.  I had no idea that this was going on until my buddy Frank told me that Boo Boo Records was having a Black Friday sale, and to check out the recordstoreday website to see what was being sold.  There were a few records that seemed cool to me, Soundgarden, Candlemass, Nirvana, Tom Petty & The Heart Breakers.  That was about it.  I didn't end up getting any of those releases, the 50$ price tags on some of them was to steep for me.  And I hate the 10" record (both the Soundgarden and Nirvana "box sets" were 10").  The don't fit well anywhere, and I don't have enough of them (maybe 3?) to have their own shelf or box.  The worst. 
Anyways, what I did end up getting is one of my all time favorite records, by a band from my all time favorite city. 



When ever I start missing home (Chicago) I'll put on whatever Alkaline Trio record, get nostalgic, and feel better.  I love Alkaline Trio, and always will.. No matter how much their sound changes, I will always support this band.  They remind me of a much simpler time in my life, and I feel like a kid again whenever I listen to them. 

I had never owned this record on vinyl, so I was happy to see that it was going to be repressed. I'm not sure the full pressing info on this.  I know that there is a clear red version that is limited to 500, but that's all I know. 
"I was just a stupid kid back then, I take back every word I said"

No comments:

Post a Comment