Monday, November 21, 2011

The Smiths - Louder Than Bombs

Out of all the records that I got from my co-worker, this was the record that I was happiest to receive.  "Louder Than Bombs" was my introduction to The Smiths, so needless to say I'm stoked to have it on vinyl.  For some reason, this record reminds me of when my wife and I were first dating.  Maybe it's because I was listening to this album a lot, or maybe it's because we used "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want" as our wedding song.  So yeah, I love this record. 



As I mentioned in my post from yesterday, this would be my recommendation to anyone who hasn't listened to The Smiths before.  "Louder Than Bombs" contains all the singles that The Smiths released as well as most of their B-sides.  For what it's worth, Rolling Stone magazine named this #365 on their "500 Greatest Albums Of All Time". 



Again, I wasn't able to locate any pressing info on this, but I'm sure it's a lot.  


3 comments:

  1. Obviously since it was released by a major labels a lot copies were pressed and you will never find out the real pressing.

    That being said, this record is rather rare in Europe, since it only saw a good release in the USA and a limited release in the UK and Australia.

    While often Smiths records here fetch around 7 to 10 euros, this one usually goes for 20+ euros. Great score.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a trade off, we in North America got "Louder Than Bombs" on Sire, in the UK they got "The World Won't Listen" on Rough Trade.

    They don't exactly have the same track listing, but it is close enough.

    ReplyDelete