Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Morrissey - Viva Hate

This is going to be the last Smiths/Morrissey related post for awhile, hope it wasn't to much of a change of pace.  If it was, tough tits.  Not much to really write about this record, either you like Morrissey or you don't. 




"Viva Hate" came out in 1988, and was Morrissey's first solo release.  I've always liked Morrissey's later records better than "Viva Hate", but I was beyond happy to get this. Musically it's not much of a change from the final Smiths album.  I'm not sure if this is an American or UK pressing.  I was under the impression that the U.S. version contained "Hairdresser On Fire", and as you can see, that track isn't on this record, which leads me to believe that this is maybe a UK pressing.  "Hairdresser On Fire" was on the B-side to the "Suedehead" 7" single that was released in the UK.    




No comments:

Post a Comment