Saturday, October 8, 2011

Rotting Out - Vandalized (S&F '09 Press)

I got this record at Sound and Fury '09 in Oxnard, CA.  This was probably the most fun I've ever had at Sound and Fury.  It was in a small venue in a sketchy neighborhood, the sound was good, the line up was awesome, and I discovered some rad new bands I had never heard before (Mindset, Take Offence, Black Breath). 




For me Rotting Out's best recording is still their demo ("This is not sleep I'm getting, this is sleep that I've earned" wow..), but this 7" isn't far off.  Rotting Out has changed vocalists since this record (I'm pretty sure Mike left to focus on his career, I would have too), on their new LP (Street Prowl) their old guitar player Walter has taken over as the front man.  I've seen them play twice since Walter took over, but couldn't tell you what he sounds like on the new record since I haven't heard it yet.   

Normal view of the cover

#87 out of 100


No comments:

Post a Comment