Monday, October 31, 2011

The Trouble - Nobody Laughs Anymore

In celebration of my wife getting us tickets to the American Nightmare show on New Years Eve in LA, I decided to post up my favorite piece of AN vinyl.  Then I realised that I don't actually own any AN vinyl.  Oops.  I love American Nightmare, but I haven't had the chance or cash to start collecting their records.  When AN was still an active band, I was at college studying my brains out, and didn't have time to go to many shows..  So needless to say I missed the boat the first time around when their records were still in print.  Maybe someday I'll search them out, but for now I think I'll just stick to the represses that B9 and Deathwish are doing. 

So since I don't have any AN records, I give you... The Troubles "Nobody Laughs Anymore".  American Nightmare covered a Trouble song on their "The Sun Isn't Getting Any Brighter" 7".  See what I did there...



The Trouble were a punk rock band from Boston, MA.  They lasted from 1995 to 99, then front man Gibby went on to sing in Panic.  I discovered The Trouble through Panic.  I'm a big fan of their first two 7", and when I found out that Gibby had a band before Panic I tried to track some of their stuff down.  It wasn't until years later when Painkiller and B9 repressed their LP that I actually heard them.  And when it's all said and done, I ended up liking The Trouble more than Panic..but just barely. 

Black out of 920



Here is the link to the other versions on Painkiller records site.  


No comments:

Post a Comment