Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Knife Fight - Self Titled 7"

A few weeks ago I heard the most appropriate description of Knife Fight.  "To punk for the hardcores, and to hardcore for the punks".  Why more people didn't like this band is beyond me. 



I was still living in Chicago when Knife Fight first became a band, and in Chicago, Knife Fight was/is very well liked.  Why they were never embraced in their home state of California I'll never know.  I'm sure there are people that like Knife Fight here in CA, but I've read and heard from many people that their CA shows go over like wet farts (I've never had a chance to see them in CA myself) .  If anyone can explain this phenomenon to me I'd like to know.  My only theory on why Knife Fight was liked more in Chicago and the East Cost is that maybe the early 80's sound is more enjoyed there?  Anyways, this record rules and you should listen to it no matter where you live! 



Black Vinyl out of ???


If anyone has any pressing info on Knife Fight or My War Records, hook me up please.  


2 comments:

  1. I was really looking forward to seeing Knife Fight when I was in Seattle. They were without a doubt one of the biggest let downs live. Granted they did have to follow Punch and Walls. From what I experienced, the Northwest wasn't too into them either. Maybe they should solely play shows out East?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hardcore (and I guess punk too) kids don't know a good band when they see one. If the crowd isn't going apeshit, then they must suck. If the band isn't jumping all over the place or running back and forth around the stage the whole time, they must suck. If they're not dressed like everyone at the show.... Granted, they weren't the tightest band at Rainfest, but they were no let down either.

    ReplyDelete