Friday, September 30, 2011

Carry On - A Life Less Plagued (2nd Press)

When Bridge 9 posted a while back that they were going to do a second press of Carry On's "A Life Less Plagued" I thought... It's about time!  Why there was only one pressing of this record until now is beyond me.  Sure Carry On broke up soon after this record was released, but this record and band were huge!  And you can't tell me that there wasn't a demand for this record.  So here it is 10 years later.



This record will forever be one of my all time favorite hardcore records, I would go so far as to say it is one of my favorite records of any genre.  Not only do I love the music, but it has very sentimental meaning to me as well.  This record will always, always remind me of my wife.  She listened to this record almost nonstop when we first met.  I can't think of Carry On and not thing about my wife.  So for that reason, "A Life Less Plagued" is quite special to me. 

The original pressing of "A Life Less Plagued" was supposed to have a gate fold, but B9 didn't have enough funds so they scrapped it.  This is was the record was intended to look like 10 years earlier. 

Gold out of 500

White out of 1,500


The pre-order package deal came with a new Carry On T-Shirt, and a huge poster that was to big for me to take of picture of on my iPhone. 

Post Edit: 10/20/11
I managed to pick up the other color since writing the original post.  I found a copy on white at Boo Boo Records in San Luis Obispo, CA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment