Saturday, August 27, 2011

Desperate Measures - It's On Your Hands

Recently I've been re-reading my copy of "Town Of Hardcore Zineography" that I picked up a few years ago.  I've read most of it before, but the thing is a beast, it has an insane amount of stuff in it.  For those of you that don't know, Town Of Hardcore was a cut and paste zine out of Toronto that lasted from 2002-2005, and put out 11 issues in that time period.  By independent punk rock zine standards, that's amazing. 


For me, 2002-2005 was a time that I was most involved in hardcore, as far as going to shows and being psyched on new bands.  So naturally, when I read Town Of Hardcore, I get very nostalgic.  For that reason, I've decided to do a run of posts of some of my favorite records from that time period. 




The most fun I've ever had at a hardcore show was at a Desperate Measures show in Chicago in the summer of '04.  They played with Mental and a few other bands who I can't remember.  It's a shame how this band ended.  I've always wondered what became of Ryan (I think that's his name).  If he ever sang for another band, or if he just dropped out completely. 

(2nd Press) 450 on Black with fold over cover


No comments:

Post a Comment