Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Soul Search - Bury The Blame (Outburst Cover)

It seems every year at Sound and Fury one band stands out more so than all the others, to me at least.  Three years ago it was Trapped Under Ice, two years ago it was Mindset, last year it was Not Sorry (followed by Terror, a very close second).  This year for me it was Soul Search. 



Prior to this years Sound and Fury I had only listened to Soul Searches demo, and maybe only once or twice at that, definitely not enough times to leave a lasting impression on me.  But after their set I made a point to pick up their 7" I saw at their merch table.  Little did I know, my procrastination almost prevented me from getting this record.  Later in the day when I finally decided to pick up this record (hunger had prevented me from picking it up earlier), I literally got the last record they had to sell.  How's that for luck! 

I'm not sure if BBB has released this record yet, or if they just released 50 of them for Sound and Fury. The last few records I have gotten from BBB Records, from a recording aspect, have each sounded great on vinyl.  And this record is no exception.  It's a ripper.  My only complaint is that it only has 4 songs..it definitely leaves me wanting more.  Guess I'll have to go back and listen to the demo some more to get my fix. 

#48/50 was the display on the merch table






2 comments:

  1. Can you upload the music somehow so your loyal followers can listen to a song or two?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh you wouldnt even like the music if I did Tom! haha! You listen to those Trojan Record Comps yet?

    ReplyDelete