Sunday, September 11, 2011

All Pigs Must Die - God Is War

I really wasn't sure what to expect when I picked up this record from Boo Boo Records last weekend.  All I knew was that they have members from Converge and The Hope Conspiracy.  Converge I'm a fan of, Hope Conspiracy...no thanks.  But, Frank recommended it, and I like most things that Southern Lord puts out so I took a chance on it. 


I was expecting this record to have a very "stoner metal" feel to it (which is cool with me), but was pleasantly surprised at the heavy D-beat influences to this record.  Reminds me of Discharge (obviously), Celtic Frost, Toxic Holocaust, that type of stuff.  I haven't been listening to much metal lately, so this record is a nice change of pace.  The packaging of this record is top notch as well. In fact, every record I've bought from Southern Lord has had a great look to it. 

1000 on Clear 180gram Vinyl

3 comments:

  1. Dude, come on give Hope Con some love!!!
    I love this record. The first APMD is really good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Con was never my thing. Some of my friends are crazy about that band..but I just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you can see Jeff's car through the record.

    ReplyDelete