Thursday, September 22, 2011

Secret People - Self Titled 7"

I first heard Secret People when I was in San Fransisco for the REACT! Showcase last year.  I went up to the show with my main man Dennis McDonald, and we happened to be staying with one of the dudes in the band for the weekend.  And that's where I heard some of the tracks that were to be on the up coming 7".  They had a demo out at that time, but I hadn't heard it yet.  My loss.  Secret People went on to play one of my favorite sets at the showcase.  They also played an amazing Side By Side cover (Backfire) during which I lost my mind. 



Secret People play a brand of hardcore that leans more towards the punk side of things (thumbs up by me).  Their singer Matt sang for Right On, and I believe Some Still Believe?  Secret People would have to be my personal choice if I were to have to choose between the three. 

Black Vinyl out of 350



I'm pretty sure that I've seen this record on clear as well, but I don't know the pressing info on it.  I'm sure it's probably the more limited of the two colors.  Check out Secret People's blog if you wanna know more about the band.  I think their demo is available for download there as well.  Get into it. 

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the kind words. i like Secret people best of the 3 as well.
    great blog btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I enjoy your blog as well. Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete