Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Common Cause - Self Titled EP

When I was in High School I was an exchange student through Rotary International.  The country that was chosen for me to live in was Norway. I lived in Norway with an amazing host family for over a year while I was going to school.  During this time in my life I was just discovering hardcore music for the first time.  I would love to say that I got to see Sportswear, Tiebreak, or Subject To Change play.. but I didn't.  I had no idea that there was a hardcore scene going on not far from where I was living.  So, because of that, any Norwegian hardcore band will always be cool with me.  Enter Common Cause..



Common Cause have members of Damage Control and Shipwrecked, but play more of a late 80's youth crew sound than the melodic style of their other bands.  I have to say that I enjoyed this record more so than their demo and first 7".  To me this sounds like it could almost be a missing Chain Of Strength record.  Did I ever mention that I love Chain?  Cause I do. 

400 on Black

200 on Clear Red


I'm missing Blue/100, White/300, Transition Colors/28, and Test Press/24.  




No comments:

Post a Comment