Thursday, September 1, 2011

Justice - Look Alive E.P.

This is yet another record that I picked up at Posi Numbers in '04.  Justice or Mental, I don't remember which, were selling these out of the back of their van the day before Justice played.  I believe these were left over from a show they played in Montreal (record release show perhaps) before playing Posi Numbers.




Justice absolutely killed it at Posi Numbers that year, and in my opinion, really helped to gain the popularity of European bands here in the U.S.  I don't think European bands were taken that seriously until Justice came along.  Don't get me wrong, there were alot of good Euro bands before Justice, just none as widely popular as Justice became.  And it's because of Justice that I went back and checked out alot of the older bands that were on Crucial Response Records. 

#44/100

Normal cover.  Art done by the bands bass player, Spoiler. 






To me, this E.P. and the demo were by far their best releases.  I liked their first full length, but honestly that was the last Justice album I even listened to.  I've never even heard their last two records they did before breaking up.  Maybe some day I'll give them a listen to.  



No comments:

Post a Comment