Monday, September 12, 2011

Devotion - Bastard Son Of Affluence Blues

I got this record at last years REACT! Showcase from the Get The Most merch table.  Devotion is made up of Mark Palm (Go It Alone, Get The Most, etc) on vocals and guitar, and Aaron from Lights Out on drums. 



When I looked to see who put out this record, I was surprised to see that Rivalry did.  I thought that label was dead.  But it makes sense since Rivalry put out both Go It Alone LP's.  It would be nice to see Rivalry start putting out some more new records.  (Just realised this record was put out in 2009... not so new, but it still would be nice to see Rivalry active again) 

Not sure how many were pressed, but all are on Black vinyl

Musically Devotion sounds like later Go It Alone, but darker, heavier, and a lot slower.  I can imagine if Go It Alone had put out a 4th LP it would have sounded a lot like this record.  I haven't seen or heard much talk about this band, so I'm not sure how well this record was received.  I know that they played some shows in California, but I don't know if they did a full tour.  Hope to hear more from them.    

  

No comments:

Post a Comment