Sunday, September 25, 2011

Remission - Winds Of Promise EP

I picked up this record earlier this year from REACT! in the Not Sorry, Common Cause package deal.  Remission is yet another band that I would have probably never listened to or bought their records if not for them being on REACT!  And in all honesty I really haven't listened to this record that much, maybe 3 or 4 times tops.  Sad really, I mean, this thing is only 3 songs long for shits sake. 




Remission are from Santiago Chile, and have drawn comparisons to 411 and Verbal Assault.  Don't know how accurate that is since I've never listened to 411 and it's been forever since I listened to Verbal Assault.  Remission play mid-tempo melodic style hardcore, which normally isn't my thing at all.  But, I like this record.  I think it's the vocals that do it for me.  It's refreshing to hear something different from time to time, especially when it comes to punk and hardcore.  

200 on Light Blue vinyl

400 on Black vinyl (B side shot)


Remission also have an LP on Amendment Records that I have not listened to yet.  Oh, if anyone can tell me what the hell is on the cover of this 7" I'd appreciate it.  To me it looks like two weird big headed dudes running. 

As well as the Black and Light Blue vinyl, there is 100 on Clear, 300 on Clear Blue, 11 Transition colors, and 24 Test Presses.  All of which I do not have.  

No comments:

Post a Comment